"For my entire life, my physical self has been how I defined myself. I think better in motion, I'm happier when I'm in motion, I'm just a person in motion. If you're not moving you're dead. That's how I've always seen it. In a moment I had all that taken away from me..." - Adam Campbell
One of our absolute favourite short films about trail running and being, more than a performance runner.
Arc'teryx - The brand is named after ARCHAEOPTERYX LITHOGRAPHICA, the first reptile to develop the feather for flight.
Founded by local climbers in 1989, Arc’teryx remains a gathering place of like-minded people. Thier Design Centre - located in the Canadian Coast Mountain wilderness - is a hive, a hands-on think tank of active designers, materials experts, pattern makers and product developers who know what they want, how it will be used and why it has to work . Arc'teryx is built on the principle of obsessive, precise design and production.
Their unique in-house manufacturing and design centres allow them to constantly evolve and build products the effectively. A product could be finished in the morning and tested by an athlete that afternoon on the Canadian slopes. Incredible!
Their timeless quality, intuitive design and simplicity result in unrivaled performance at the point of extreme need.
We are also super excited about their soon to be released trail running collections!
Our favourite pieces from Arc'teryx are:
1. Arc'teryx Cerium LT Hoody
- The BEST warmth to weight ratio
- Lightweight and super comfortable
- Down Composite Mapping™ strategically places Coreloft™ synthetic insulation in moisture-prone areas
2. Arc'teryx Zeta AR Waterproof Jacket
- 3-Layer GORE-TEX makes this jacket super waterproof and durable.
- Trim fit keeps the shell close to the body to improve the fabric breathability but leaves room for light layers. The jacket moves with you without unnecessary extra room which we love.
- Machine washable but we would recommend treating the jacket with a waterproof wash such as the GORE-TEX Performance Wash and Spray from Grangers, every season depending on the frequency of use.
3. Arc'teryx AR-385A Climbing Harness
- Warp Technology coupled with an ultra-thin but very wide (4 inch) waistbelt. This allows the load to be distributed evenly around your waist. You really do not notice the lack of padding and the adjustable leg straps mean that you can get the fit spot on.
- Super comfortable
- One of the lightest weight harnesses on the market
Check out a full review by Hanny Allston HERE