THE STAIKA IS ALL ABOUT SIMPLE – but simple does not by any means equate to “sparse.” Easy to pitch, immensely stable, remarkably spacious, and quite light, the Staika is an excellent “go to” tent for any use where sturdy strength is the high priority. We originally designed the Staika for paddle tourers, who wanted a highly stable, fully free standing tent for handling tricky pitching conditions. Since then, it has garnered a large, loyal following amongst a wide assortment of other adventurers: mountaineers, polar travelers, and ski tourers find it a supremely stable base camp tent in all conditions; bicycle tourers love its simplicity and completely free standing construction; and even regular backpackers find great comfort in its roominess and relatively light weight as well as in its strength and stability.
“Staika” means “high,” or “pointed” in Sami, the language of the people indigenous to northern Scandinavia.
Minimum Weight: 3.4 kg/7 lbs 8 oz
Packed Weight: 4.0 kg/8 lbs 13 oz
Outer tent fabric: Kerlon 1800
Poles (10 mm):
3 x 387 cm
3 x 152.4 in
Pegs: 16 Y-Peg
"Minimum Weight" refers to the outer and inner tents and the poles only. "Packed Weight" includes all items that come with the tent.
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles make for an exceptionally strong and stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to he ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Dome construction with multiple pole crossing points provide outstanding snow-load handling capability.
- Plenty of room for two occupants and their gear.
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Fully free standing dome design requires no pegs for pitching, and the straightforward short sleeve and clip pole system make for quick, easy set up.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holders (see accessories).
A note on colours: Fabric dyes have natural variations, so the actual tent colour may look slightly different from what is pictured here or in our catalogue.
*Tents are not carried as a stock item. Delivery of tents takes 7-10 days from ordering to arrive to the store if available.*