Salomon Ultra Glide Review
The Salomon Ultra Glides were designed for long-distance performance for a responsive ride with maxi-comfort. Amy & Kylie, two of our staff members based out of our Launceston store each trialled out a pair and gave us their thoughts, taking into account the fit and performance of the shoes.
Image Credit: Kylie Fry
- Amy found them to be quite narrow and as she has low arches and even length toes, so had some movement in the shoe and found herself tripping a little on the end of the shoe
- Amy also experienced some aggravation from the narrowness in the upper of the mid foot
- Kylie however found them to be a wider fit compared to other Salomon's
Both Amy and Kylie came back with very similar feedback, so we have compiled their thoughts below.
- Really nice under foot plenty of softness while still maintaining a responsive forefoot and plenty of energy return
- Good Stability
- Reliable grip on rocky terrain, not so great in mud and dirt
- Great cushioning for longer runs but not too squishy
Overall both Amy & Kylie were really happy with the cushion and performance of the shoe given it's aim for longer distance runs.