THE ROGEN IS AN EXCELLENT CHOICE for any trip during the snow-free months of the year where very light weight is of the highest importance. It is well-suited to nearly any adventure, and especially for those who prefer dome construction. In addition, its self-supporting design – only the vestibules have to be pegged out – make a good choice for tougher pitching conditions.
Two equal length crossing poles create the basic shape, while a shorter pole in the roof provides head room in the vestibules and adds to the overall stability of the tent. For 2017, we have replaced the Lock-Tip and dual opening pole sleeve system with standard poles and single opening pole sleeves. We have also built catenary patterning into the bottom of the outer tent walls. This retains the constant venting that comes from having the outer tent stop short of the ground, and makes for both easier pitching, especially in windy conditions. Both inner tent doors are nearly all mesh, encouraging full time air flow, and both vestibules can be rolled partly or fully away for added cross venting.
The Rogen’s spaciousness and self-supporting construction, along with its remarkably low weight and the comfort of its two vestibules, will appeal to paddlers, summer mountain scramblers, backpackers, bicycle tourers, and hunters, among others. These same traits also make the Rogen a compelling choice for solo travelers who value roominess and maximum comfort.
“Rogen” is a nature preserve in northern Sweden that is famous for its canoeing.
Minimum Weight: 1.8kg
Packed Weight: 2.1kg
Outer tent fabric: Kerlon 1000
Poles (9 mm): 2 x 377, 1 x 127 cm
Pegs: 12 Y-Peg UL
"Minimum Weight" refers to the outer and inner tents and the poles only. "Packed Weight" includes all items that come with the tent.
- Kerlon 1000 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a supremely lightweight tent that is still quite strong.
- 3 season construction: outer tent walls do not extend to the ground and mesh areas have no backing fabric panels.
- Dome construction with two main crossing poles is an excellent choice for tough pitching conditions
- A good amount of room for two occupants and their gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Self-supporting dome design requires only the vestibules to be pegged, and the lightweight pole system combines 9 mm poles with Lock Tip ball ends, open ended pole sleeves, and an innovative grommeted webbing tab with an adjustable tensioner.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- An optional footprint covers only the inner tent area and not the vestibule. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with a Mesh Inner tent (sold separately; see accessories).
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires moving the detachable pole holders from the outer to the inner tent.
A note on colours: Fabric dyes have natural variations, so the actual tent colour may look slightly different from what is pictured here or in our catalogue.
*Tents are not carried as a stock item. Delivery of tents takes 7-10 days from ordering to arrive to the store if available.*