Patagonia is renowned for producing environmentally friendly & ethically conscious clothing & gear in the outdoor industry. Founded by a Californian climber, surfer and 'reluctant businessman' Yvon Chounaird in 1973, Patagonia has climbed through the surf and rock climbing industry to now lead the way in fly fishing, trail running, snowboarding and skiing. Patagonia calls these the 'silent sports' which require the wearer to totally immerse themselves in the environment, pushing forwards in pursuit of individual, soulful rewards.
We love to support Patagonia's new clothing & equipment releases, their international film tours and follow their Patagonia Ambassadors.
Why We Love Patagonia
Patagonia's evolution into an outdoor clothing and equipment company has created an unusual mission:
“Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, and use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.”
We are super excited about:
- Patagonia's new Fair Trade certification
- Patagonia's traceable down insulation jackets
- Patagonia's 3 - Layer Gore-Tex rain jackets, especially the men's Triolet Rain Jacket & women's Triolet Rain Jacket
- Patagonia's synthetic insulation jackets, especially the Nano-Air Jackets
- Patagonia's new trail running range, especially the women's Strider Pro Trail Running Shorts and men's Strider Pro Trail Running Shorts
There was a great Patagonia Review by Outdoor Gear Lab. We loved this comment - 'The Patagonia Nano Air Hoody, our Top Pick for Breathability, can handle high-octane action!'
At Find Your Feet, what we respect most is Patagonia's unwavering consideration for our natural, wild environments. In Tasmania, Patagonia are forging strong connections with community & charitable organisations to help preserve our pristine Tarkine Wilderness on the North-West Coast of Tasmania. Patagonia doesn't just feel responsible for producing ethical outdoor clothing & gear, but with their love of our wild and beautiful world comes with it an obligation to preserve its wilderness and beauty.