The Labillardiere Peninsula is situated in the South Bruny National Park and is one of the southern-most regions of the island. This route starts at the Jetty beach campground and completes a clockwise loop of the peninsula. Starting out on an old fire trail, you will progress down the western side of the peninsula which provides magnificent views of the D'Entrecasteaux Channel and the rugged mountains of Tasmania’s Southern Ranges. Here there are also deserted rock spree beaches to explore whilst southern swells crash onto the coastline. Continuing on, a steep but short climb up Mount Bleak to the highest point of the route is reached. From here you get your first views of Partridge Island, home to the rare and threatened Forty-Spotted Pardalote. This highpoint marks halfway of this route. At the tip of the peninsula you reach Butlers Beach where you will be rewarded with a close proximity to Partridge Island. From here you will then follow a beautiful, twisting single track through grassland and Eucalyptus forest along the eastern side of the peninsula back to Jetty Beach. This section of the trail is often teaming with birdlife such as sea eagles, bronze-cuckoos and black cockatoos.
- Absorb huge views down to the Southern Ocean, Tasmania's south-west mountains & the d'Entrecasteaux Channel.
- Watch the southern swells pound on rocky shores, then later bask in the stillness of the inland coves.
- Keep an eager eye for echidnas, dolphins, and the plethora of Tiger Snakes in summer (we recommend running this route early in the morning if completing this in summer!)
- Be prepared for an urgency to swim in each shallow cove on the way home, finishing at the ideallic Jetty Beach.
- Afterwards, enjoy a picnic be the beach and then meander back up Bruny Island to catch the ferry home. Whether you take your tent and camp out before or after, or simply do this as a day trip, you will love the Labillardiere Loop!
More information on this route can be found here:
NB. This is an embroidered badge and comes with an iron-on adhesive backing.
You may return unused and unwanted products within 30 days of purchase. If the product in faulty and needs returning please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0466 906 167
If you need to return a product please contact us. email@example.com 0466 906 167
Postage is free and posted via Australia Post for orders over $100.
Orders under $100 are given the following options.
Standard Australia Post Delivery $7.95
Express Australia Post Delivery $19.95
For any postage questions please do not hesitate to contact us.