SINCE ITS INTRODUCTION over 10 years ago, the two-person Allak has been one of our most popular tents. For 2019, we are introducing a three-person version, the Allak 3, and renaming the original model the Allak 2. Both remarkably light yet impressively strong Allak models are well-suited for anything from summer paddling to winter ski mountaineering, and from year-round backpacking to all-season peak bagging. They are easily light enough for mobile journeys, where you move your camp every day, and their two-entrance construction allows for superb ventilation options in warm weather. At the same time, the Allak's three-pole dome structure is strong enough for summer or winter base camp use in all but the worst conditions, and the fully freestanding construction make it ideal for tough pitching conditions, such as rocky ground and sand. In addition, its two integrated vestibules are set parallel to the sleeping area, giving excellent access to gear storage space as well as ease of entry and exit. Since its introduction, paddlers have valued the Allak’s ability to be pitched nearly anywhere, while backpackers choose it for its roomy stability and light weight. Mountaineers appreciate both the Allak’s freestanding design, compact footprint, and its roominess, as well as its ability to deal with snow loading. And taller adventurers find its length a welcome comfort.
*Tents are not carried as a stock item. Delivery of tents takes 7-10 days from ordering to arrive to the store if available.*
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a very lightweight yet supremely stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to he ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Dome construction with multiple pole crossing points provide outstanding snow-load handling capability.
- Plenty of room for two occupants and their gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Fully free standing dome design requires no pegs for pitching, and the straightforward short sleeve and clip pole system make for quick, easy set up.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with a Mesh Inner tent (sold separately; see accessories).
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holderes (see accessories).