The Larrikin is clever, cheeky and full of surprises. Its 80 litre (medium) capacity hides a zipped bottom compartment with floating floor, whilst the floating lid and large front pocket keep your party tricks accessible. The ever-so-comfy EXACT FIT harness guards your back and the WATERLOC® canvas body keeps you out of trouble, with extra reinforcing in high-wear areas. The ONE PLANET attachment system lets you get away with a bit extra, and the hydration compatibility and optional add-ons keep things playful.
- EXACT FIT harness is endorsed by the CPAA (Chiropractors’ Association of Australasia)
- Our frames are made from high-grade, hardened aluminium, channelled to increase rigidity and hand-bent in Melbourne
- WATERLOC® canvas is extremely water resistant and durable. It is designed for Australian conditions and made in Australia
- Seams are bound with our four-fold, 227-gsm canvas binding, increasing both water resistance and durability
- Double-layered base is reinforced with 750-denier Cordura® nylon for extra durability and increased abrasion resistance
- Dual-access increases versatility and options for packing, allowing access to items without unpacking everything
- When not in use, the floating floor sits along the bottom of the pack so it can be packed as a single-entry rucksack
- A huge front pocket (with larger, water-resistant side zip) gives easy access to important gear, even with equipment attached (skis, poles, crampons and more…)
- Wide front panel with shock cord allows you to pack with versatility and attach essential gear while protecting your pack from the sharp points of crampons and snowshoes
- Non-crack nylon buckles are strong and reliable, chosen for superior durability. They bend rather than break
- Floating lid is a secure, robust top compartment for easy access to essential items and allows extension for extra space
- Underlid pocket is discreet and accessible, ideal for valuables and must-have items
- Handy clip in the top pocket makes it easy to find your keys
- The double-layered throat has a drawcord and barrel lock for easy compression and secure closure
- Internal compression straps under the lid secure gear and create a natural cavity: an ideal space for broad-brimmed hats
- Built-in whistle in the sternum strap for emergencies
- The ONE PLANET attachment system allows you to attach back-country toys and technical gear easily
- Side pockets at the base of the rucksack body increase versatility, packability and durability by reinforcing high-wear areas
- Side compression straps allow you to compress your bag, keeping the weight close to your body. Side-release buckles allow the easy attachment of technical equipment
- Webbing keepers stop your main compression straps from dangling in the mud
- Large external water bottle pockets are low and within reach, allowing easy access and ergonomic weight distribution
- Choose from our range of add-ons to extend your options, increase organisation and personalise your set-up
- All ONE PLANET rucksacks are made in Melbourne
Intended use: alpine, bushwalking, professional educators, search and rescue
Harness: EXACT FIT
Back lengths: short medium long
Capacity (L): 75 80 85
Weight (kg): 2.9 (medium)
Material: WATERLOC® canvas body and canvas binding (Australian made)
Access: dual-entry with zipped bottom compartment
Front pocket: yes
Water bottle pockets: two
Floating lid: yes (expands capacity)
Lid pockets: two (external and internal)
Key clip: yes (in top pocket)
Emergency whistle: yes (on sternum strap)
Compression straps: two on each side with side-release buckles; single side-release buckle on internal throat
Attachment points: crampons, haul loop, ice axes, keys, mat, poles, skis, stakes
Add-ons: hipbelt pocket, trash & treasure, pack inserts
***DUE TO THE SIZE OF THIS PRODUCT, WE ARE UNABLE TO OVERNIGHT EXPRESS SHIP. WE WILL DISPATCH VIA STANDARD POST.***
||ICE AXE, KEYS, MAT, SKIS, TREKKING POLES, WAND POCKETS
HIPBELT POCKET, TRASH & TREASURE
||75 L: PACIFIC/BLACK, RED/BLACK
80 L: PACIFIC/BLACK, RED/BLACK
85 L: PACIFIC/BLACK, RED/BLACK
EXACT FIT HARNESS
The EXACT FIT harness is the go-to for multi-day bushwalking, comfortably carrying ten to 30 kilograms. Endorsed by the CPAA (Chiropractors’ Association of Australasia), it’s available in four standard sizes for men and four standard sizes for women, allowing for an exact fit for your physique. An industry benchmark, it is designed for comfortable and healthy load carrying, and is the ideal choice for on- and off-track adventures.
A good harness is the foundation of every rucksack: when you load up and head off you’ll agree! Our laminated three-layer foam delivers solid support, plush comfort and a breathable contact area, with protective treatment against bacteria and rot. Our hardened aluminium frames are hand-bent, strong and light for efficiently transferring load to the lumbar pad, with channelling to increase rigidity. The double-back hipbelt contours to your body, providing support and easy fit.
DON'T SWEAT IT
We’ve combined practical understanding of bushwalking and clever design to maximise ventilation and manage moisture. There are three essential contact areas on our harnesses – both shoulders and the lower lumbar – to allow healthy carrying. Air mesh lets air flow through harness foams, while space around the spine increases natural ventilation. The secure fit allows uninhibited movement of non-contact areas, improving harness comfort when walking and scrambling. Don’t sweat it.
Made in Australia specifically for ONE PLANET, our WATERLOC canvas (390 gsm) is tightly woven and core spun, constructed from a polyester thread wrapped in cotton. The polyester core gives strength, while the cotton wrap expands when moist, providing superior water resistance. Once woven into fabric, it’s impregnated with rot inhibitors and waterproofing agents. The seams of our WATERLOC canvas bags are also bound with four-fold, 227-gsm canvas binding for reliable weatherproofing.
The floating lid and double-layered throat are designs born of experience. The lid is attached with straps, allowing extension to give 5-10 litres of extra capacity when needed: for water runs, helping mates or the start of a long multi-day trip. Functionality and comfort combine: cinch the internal compression-strap tight to create room for a broad-brimmed hat. There is also an externally-accessed pocket with key clip and a discrete internal pocket.
SIDE-OPENING FRONT ZIP
This functional design is born from experience. Designed to ensure complete pocket access when technical gear is attached, the large side-opening front pocket allows for versatile packing and effective organisation of equipment. The water-resistant #8 zip is positioned and straight-stitched to improve longevity and ease-of-closure, while the storm shield is shaped to close, protecting from the elements. Neat and streamlined, this pocket design enhances useability in every season.
There are advantages of both top-loading and bottom-access packs: our floating internal floor gives you the best of both. Made from waterproof fabric, the internal floor follows the form of the rucksack. When top loading, this floor lies flat, out of the way; when packing the bottom compartment, it is a strong, flexible divider. No more under-filled gaps, no more fiddly dividers.
WATER BOTTLE POCKETS
Water is critical, and never far from a bushwalkers’ mind. Our generously-cut bottle pockets are low and handy, making water accessible and putting weight close to your back for ergonomic load carrying. Perfect for bottles of all sizes, they also have a drain hole, preventing your pockets becoming buckets when it’s raining cats and dogs.
MADE IN MELBOURNE
We keep it pretty simple. We take what we’ve learnt over the last 40 years and use it to make the best gear we can for antipodean adventures. ONE PLANET is more than a name: it’s a commitment to making products the right way, from fabric to construction. All rucksack design is done and manufacturing happens in our Melbourne factory.