Atom Series: Synthetic insulated mid layers | LT: Lightweight. Insulated, mid-layer hoody with wind and moisture resistant outer shell; Ideal as a layering piece for cold weather activities.
This trim hybrid hoody is designed as an active-use insulation layer, providing vital core warmth with liberal mobility and breathability. Lightweight and compressible, the Atom LT Hoody features Coreloft™ insulation in the torso, arms and hood. The side panels and underarms feature Polartec® Power Stretch® with Hardface® Technology, delivering stretch mobility and breathability. A wind and moisture resistant outer shell extends stand-alone usability.
Fact: Every person at Head Office owns at least one Atom LT; most of the women have two.
The reason: Coreloft™ insulation inside a light taffeta shell. All the comfort of a sleeping bag, but it feels weightless.
The benefit of taffeta fabrics is their light, airy nature with an ability to turn aside wind. The Atom series have a taffeta outer lining that is treated with DWR (durable water resistant) finish to give them a long-lasting ability to shed moisture. In light precipitation, the Atom LT can be worn as an outer layer.
Mid layers that can function as outer layers have varied degrees of weather shedding capability; they also have varied degrees of moisture management. In addition to being made of breathable Coreloft™ insulation, the Atom LT has breathable side panels of Polartec® Power Stretch® with Hardface™ technology to help regulate temperature during exertion.
Highly compressible, Atom pieces pack down into a tiny parcel of stored warmth. Store the jacket inside its own pocket, or tuck it into a sleeve or inside the hood if you are not restricted by space. A quick shake restores the original loft, time and again.
ARC'TERYX CORELOFT™ INSULATION
Developed by Arc'teryx, Coreloft™ is a synthetic insulation made of staple fibres in mixed sizes that are crimped to trap air and retain warmth. Available in different thicknesses for end-use performance and comfort.
- Lightweight and highly compressible
- Durable and resilient
- Retains its warmth in humid and wet conditions and dries quickly if wet
ARC'TERYX FIT GUIDE - TRIM FIT
These trim fitting garments share motion-friendly traits with our Athletic fit, but are patterned with lower volume for reduced bulk. Our trim fit is sized for a base layer and a trim synthetic or down filled mid-layer
Insulated mid layers made with hydrophobic synthetic material that resists absorbing moisture. Outer fabric has a water-repellent finish.
LT | LIGHT WEIGHT
Built with highly durable top performance materials but designed with a streamlined minimalist set of features to provide very light weight.
FULL FEATURE LIST
- Moisture-resistant outer face fabric
- Compressible and packable
- Wind resistant
- Composite construction
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Breathable, stretch side panels for enhanced comfort and mobility
- Articulated elbows
- Gusseted underarms
- Insulated, helmet compatible StormHood™
- Full front zip with wind flap
- Stretch-knit cuffs
- Drop back hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Laminated hem
- Internal chest pocket
- Two hand pockets
- Polartec® Power Stretch® with Hardface® Technology—88% polyester, 12% elastane, 230 g/m². A four-way stretch fabric that allows for excellent athletic movement and good breathability to maintain comfort. Some products feature Hardface® Technology for a higher level of abrasion resistance.
- Coreloft™ 60 (60 g/m²) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fibre is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
- Luminara™—Stretch nylon ripstop fabric with wind and water resistant, air permeable PU coating and DWR finish. A super lightweight and breathable stretch fabric with great water repellency and wind resistance.
- Tinthan™ 100% nylon / 1.9 oz/yd², 46g/m². 20D mechanical stretch nylon rip stop with an air permeable polyurethane coating DWR finish. This lightweight stretch fabric has good abrasion resistance for its weight.
- Machine wash in cold water on a gentle cycle
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry on low heat on a delicate setting
- Do not iron
- Do not wring
- Do not dry clean
AWARDS: Alpin Tipp(DE)
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.