When you have your mind set on a certain goal or adventure, you want to make sure your watch can also go the distance. With up to 120 hours of continuous exercise tracking Suunto 9 is built to last – just like you!
Suunto 9 is a multisport GPS watch designed for athletes who demand the best from their sports watch. Intelligent battery life management system with smart reminders ensures your watch will last just as long as you need it to. The robust Suunto 9 is made for long, arduous training and racing and extreme adventures.
- Intelligent battery modes: Uses smart reminders based on your activity history, to help ensure you are fully charged for your next outing. If the watch notices you are running low on battery during an exercise, it will automatically suggest changing to a different battery mode.
- FusedTrack: Combines GPS and motion sensor data to improve track and distance accuracy
- GPS navigation
- Over 80 sport modes
- Wrist HR
- Water Rating: 10 ATM (100 metres)
- Weather functions
- Quick release silicone band
- Dimensions: 50 x 50 x 16.8 mm
- Weight: 81 g
- Bezel material: Stainless steel
- Glass material: Sapphire crystal
- Battery life: Up to 120 hours in Ultra Mode (with GPS); and up to 14 days in watch mode on.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GPS WATCH AND A GPS WATCH WITH BAROMETER?
Suunto GPS watches with barometer like Suunto 9 Baro, Spartan Sport Wrist HR Baro, Spartan Ultra, Ambit3 Peak, Ambit3 Vertical, Suunto Traverse and Traverse Alpha:
- Have a built-in pressure sensor which measures ambient air pressure producing barometric altitude measurements
- Barometric altitude gives more accurate altitude information and ascent/descent values by combining GPS data with barometric altitude information (FusedAltiTM).
- A watch with barometer can display outdoor-related insights like sea level air pressure, and storm alarm.
- Can display altitude information as part of the watch face in time mode.
Suunto GPS watches like Suunto 9, Spartan Sport Wrist HR, Spartan Sport Trainer Wrist HR, Spartan Sport, Ambit3 Run:
- Calculate altitude and altitude changes (ascent / descent) based only on GPS information.
- Cannot show outdoor insights like sea level air pressure, and storm alarms that require a barometer.
Suunto GPS watches with barometer
How do GPS watches with barometer measure altitude and altitude changes (ascent/descent)?
GPS watches with barometer measure ambient air pressure to calculate altitude and altitude changes. In general, air pressure gets lower when ascending and gets higher when descending.
The watch calculates your current altitude based on:
- Your surrounding air pressure AND
- A known altitude reference value
Without setting an altitude reference value (known altitude, sea level pressure or Auto Adjust using FusedAltiTM depending on your watch), the altitude reading will not be correct. Learn more about how to set an altitude reference value in the user guide for your product .
After setting the altitude reference value, changes in altitude will affect the altitude reading. Please note, as well changes in weather conditions affect the altitude reading. Thus, the watch needs to be calibrated on a regular basis, especially during exercise (e.g. hikes). Watches with FusedAltiTM technology as Suunto 9 Baro and Spartan Sport Wrist HR Baro use the feature Auto Adjust to calibrate during exercise. Learn more in the user guide of your productunder “Alti-Baro” or “Altimeter”.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.